RSLogix 5000 - 1769-L32E - Tag Descriptions are out of order / incorrect

Codeblue

Has anyone experienced the following issue on RSLogix5000 (currently on V16)

I have a PLC program that has been running on a site for a number of years; yesterday we logged in for some maintenance.

All of the Descriptions in the Controller tags are out of order and no longer match up to the points they are connected to.

The last modification on this system was changing the default time on a timer from 3seconds to 5seconds.

Sounds like something that could happen during a DB dump, unintentional(?) modification and re-load of the DB.

Do you have an older copy of the program that you can check in offline mode to see if it's also corrupted?

Yeah I have an old version that looks good (off-line at least), I'm thinking I will have to do a re-download of the code the fix it... never fun on a live system.

Not sure how this has happened as last time I was over everything was good, I do remember as I disconnected it asked if I wanted to sync the initialization values. Think I clicked no.

If it is just the comments/descriptions that are 'out of order', you can export the tags/comments from the good offline file, and import them while online. Just set tags to create new and preserve existing, and comments to import new and overwrite existing.

Thanks for the info!
I will attempt to carry out an import. Im assuming by doing this while online the changes will be seemless.

I hope to carry this out without any impact to the current system state.

I've seen this when a SLC program was uploaded using as offline file and uploading current config.

There was a rung added or deleted between and RSLogix says that comment was on Ladder 2 Rung 15 and puts that comment on that rung even though the proper rung is now 16 - and every comment after is off too. Then it gets worse if another rung was added later in the ladder.

My thought is sometime a tag was added before an upload that is causing all the descriptions to move up one.