Exporting Compaact Logix Tags - For Import into C-More CM5 HMI Project

MikeVT

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am very familiar with Studio 5000 PLC programming. And I'm very familiar with C-More HMI programming. But this is my first time using a C-More HMI with a Compact Logix PLC.

I am trying to export my PLC tags, to be able to import them into my C-More HMI project. And It's not going well.

Using Studio 5000 v33.11, it seems my only options for tag export are creating a .CSV file, or a .TXT file. I just got off the phone with Automation Direct Tech Support, and was told I need to export the tags in an .L5X file.

So far, all attempts to import the tags using the .csv file or .txt file are unsuccessful.

So I am looking for help / direction to get my tags imported into my C-More CM-5 project.

Thank You.

Have you tried to save the project as L5X? You would go to File -> Save As and in the dialog box open the combo box for file type and select L5X (or L5K).

Edit to add:
Or, create one tag of each type in the C-More software and export it to get the format, then use your Excel-Fu to change the format of the Logix file to match the C-More file and copy over the tags. Then re-import. Be prepared to do some work on the CSV, though. Excel likes to add/remove things like single quotes that the C-More needs. I've had to use find & replace in Notepad++ to fix things after making edits in Excel.