Converting a Micrologix Program to a Contrologix Program

Coachman

I have a RS Logix 500 Micrologix Program that I would like to convert over to a RS Logix 5000 Contrologix Program. Can I
do this ,and what is the process for doing this.

Thanks in advance

It would be easier and more beneficial just to rekey it. That way you can take advantage everything the 5000 has to offer.

There is an import utility but it does a horrible job.

In RSLogix500 I set up the task - routine etc. structure to match the RSLogix500 project structure. I opened the RSLogix500 project. In each program file I just selected all and did a copy. In the appropriate RSLogix5000 routine I pasted then fixed references, assigning the correct tags. It was very fast.

When I converted a RSLogix 500 program to RSLogix 5000, I did it the same way Bernie did. Worked out pretty good. Just 1 routine at a time.

Hey Bernie, I lived over in the "Palm Springs" of Washington a few years ago. I went to Perry from 2000 - 2002

Save the SLC500 file as a library routine. This file will have a .SLC extension. Then in RSLogix 5000 select Tools -> Translate PLC5/SLC from the menu and follow the prompts.

There will be come clean up afterwards because certain SLC instruction don't exist or are different in the CLX. Whenever this is encountered during the conversion the UNK instrucion is inserted into your ladder. You will have to correct these. Also the resulting code is not optimized to take advantage of the advanced features of the CLX. I would recommend doing an import so you know how the CLX would convert it, but for your final program you would be farther ahead to redesign the program to really take advantage of the CLS features.