Panel view or Rslogics.

chop347

On my rigs I have some systems that use a AB panel view to show the status on my rig. IE number of engines online. What motors are assigned to what Scr,s. throttle ref, power limit. On a couple of them my % power numbers are tottaly wrong. My question is. Will this number be in the RSlogics program or will it be in the panel view. My thinking is that it should be in my main program "rslogics". As this is where the engine power avalible and the Scr power use is all found. So thinking they have just missed on the calibration. Any body good on panelviews can prove me wrong?

Usually what is showing on the PV screens is the value in the PLC but not always. The PV can scale the value from the PLC or in the PV+ range can manipulate it in a multitude of ways. You could also be looking at the wrong address in the PLC.
You need a copy of both the programs and do some cross referencing.
Regards Alan Case

This where the problem comes in. Only can get into my rslogic,s.
Dont have the proper program or cord to get in the panel view. My company likes to chalange us.

More than likely the data on the screen is coming directly from the PLC.

If you can open the project in RSLogix offline then you could possibly find the address by looking up descriptions. It is certainly not the best way, but without the PanelView program there isn't much else you can do.

Try opening the Address/Symbol database in RSLogix. It is on the tree on the left and down near the very bottom. Open that up and start reading the descriptions to see if you can find a match.

Now, if you don't have descriptions then this isn't going to work either!

OG

If you can get a copy of the PV program there are people here (myself included) who can open the file, export the tags to a CSV file and email them to you. You can upload a PV file from the PV to a compact flash card (no programming software required)
Regards Alan Case