serial cable

All it is a null modem RS232 cable.

Is it not?

You dont have to pay the arm and a leg AB wants for the 1756-cp3

This bmp is from Citect help and shows bare minimum for a null modem cable , you may need to change connectors to suit your pc and plc.

Really if you don't enable handshaking you will need only 3 wires: 2-3
3-2
5-5

Just keep in mind that for permanent installations, 1756-CP3 can be used with front processor door closed.

I use an ethernet cable and some RJ45 to 9 pin adapters pinned out for the particular PLC I am using at the time. This way I only have to carry around 1 cable and some adapters. Saves a lot of space in my tool bag.

Similar Topics

Do the Horner adapter RS 232 to snp adapter could work on that plc to go online with my laptop and Proficy ? HE693SNP232A with a IC200CBL001A I...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I know this is a shot in the dark: I'm trying to setup a redundant pair of ACM controllers and I dont have any of the serial cables for...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I just purchased a Windows 10 Hp Laptop. Of course no serial ports , but 3 USB ports . Need a USB to Serial cable to go to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Does anyone have the Triconex Tristation serial cable pinout? The cable part number is 1600080-0xx.
Replies
Views
Im working on setting up a 2D barcode reader with a RS 232 cable back to the PLC. An engineer is requesting they want the bar code reader on a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom