Iconics and RSLogix 500

Hartness

Hello,
I am using rslinx classic, and I have configured an OPC topic. In Iconics, I go to the unified data browser, and select rslinx remote OPC server. I think I should be able to see my tags. I am not sure if my version of linxs supports this or not? I am also not sure if I am missing a step in between?
Thanks

first question: did you PAY for RSLinx? ... if not, you probably have the free version of RSLinx “Lite” ... hint: what does it say at the top of the RSLinx window on the "title bar"? ... some versions of “Lite” will allow you to set up the DDE/OPC topics ... BUT ... those topics will NOT communicate ... bummer ...

next ... I don’t know ANYTHING about Iconics ... but with RSView, etc. you would have to set up a “Node” to access the “Topic” ... the setup of the Node would specifically mention RSLINX and the name of the TOPIC ... example: “MyTopic” ...

hope this helps ...

Thanks for the reply, i am using the version that came with RSLogix 500 version 7. I will do some more research, if i figure it out, i will post back.
thanks

just because it "came with" one version or another doesn't really answer the question ... maybe this will help ...

lite.JPG