A-B Control View

bazzab1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client with a DOS installation of A-B Control View. The problem is that the engineering facilities have been passworded out and they want to make some modifications. I have contacted the original installation company but they have no records of any passwords and A-B support don't seem to know anything about it. So my question to all you older practitioners out there is it possible to find the password database with this GUI? It is Version 3. I have extensive experience with Windows and Unix based GUI's but little with DOS based systems. Any help would be appreciated.

RA Technical Support has access to that information; maybe the particular fellow you spoke to wasn't familiar with ControlView (few are, after all it's a DOS-based HMI that was obsolete before Windows NT came along).

This might be a chargeable service from Rockwell, but it can be done.