PanelView 5000 screen number / control / actions ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm doing my first PanelView 5000 application with Logix View Designer v8, and am of course jumping in headfirst.

One thing I don't find is a way to tell in the PLC what Screen is currently open on the terminal. There doesn't appear to be a number associated with each Screen, or a "Global Connections" sort of feature like exited with FTView ME.

In addition, I don't see any Events that execute when a Screen opens or closes. I see that just touching the screen can execute an Event, without touching any touch or key enabled objects on the screen.

And of course I don't find a way to trigger Screen navigation changes, or to use the PLC to trigger a pop-up window.

Does anyone on the Forum have experience with the View Designer platform and these sort of features ?

So as not to make this a whiny post: the HMIBC Button Control fast I/O feature is fantastic and easy to use. I am doing some precise jog work and the touchscreen makes it easy to program my own tap or hold timing logic.

I did a my own screen number with the navigation button by using an Event.

It was ugly but it worked. The VPN setting needs to be triggered on startup. There is a KB that shows you how to hide an Event in the banner.

I'm looking at a CSV data logger and going to see if the PV5000 will do it. If not I'm going RedLion

Yeah... Welcome to short sighted RA, I don't think I have programmed any other HMI that did not have a tag linked to the screen number lol.

Tarik, those are fantastic resources, thank you ! I didn't even know about Project Events until now.

I'm on a tight timeline and would have found this stuff eventually, but often this forum is faster and more relevant than control-F or sit-down-and-read-it-all-tonight.

Jeff, those are some great ideas about hiding things in the banner. I've definitely done similar stuff on a DIY basis in FTView ME, and the PV5000 makes it so much easier to use a banner display.