How to communicate a Panelview plus with RSLogix emulate 5000?

Revnus

I want to to communicate a panelview plus with an RSLogix emulate 5000 and I know that this is not possible by RSLinx Enterprise, how can I do it using OPC? Other thing I tried is to convert my logix file to a softlogix file, but the softlogix doesn't support some modules used on my logix application..

Connecting FactoryTalk View ME to the Emulate 5000 instance only solves half the problem; it lets you run FTView ME on your development computer and test the syntax and functionality of the FactoryTalk View ME application and how it interacts with logic in the controller.

It doesn't actually let you test a physical PanelView Plus terminal. That is not possible with Emulate 5000.

I have a RSLinx Classic and I already know how to create topics for OPC on it and also how to create a OPC Server in the FTME. I've tried these things, but once I start the application on the PanelView (which is in the same local network), it still doesnt communicate with the data of my RSemulate.

Connecting FactoryTalk View ME to the Emulate 5000 instance only solves half the problem; it lets you run FTView ME on your development computer and test the syntax and functionality of the FactoryTalk View ME application and how it interacts with logic in the controller.

It doesn't actually let you test a physical PanelView Plus terminal. That is not possible with Emulate 5000.

Just saw your reply. This is exactly my problem. Because I have a client PanelView Plus, and I already made the application for it. I really would like to test it connected to my computer before getting the it to the plant. Even with OPC this is impossible?

RSEmulate 5000 simply does not allow external network connections.

You could test this PanelView Plus terminal with SoftLogix 5800, or with a hardware controller, but not with Emulate 5000.

RSEmulate 5000 simply does not allow external network connections.

You could test this PanelView Plus terminal with SoftLogix 5800, or with a hardware controller, but not with Emulate 5000.

I've tried using SoftLogix instead of Emulate, but then comes another problem which is when I try to convert my RSLogix project (.acd) so I can use it in the SoftLogix, a lot of modules aren't supported, then a lot of tags disappear. Is there a workaround to this?

Unless it requires immediate outputs I always have a subroutine mapping IO to local controller tags so all the IO cards are located in one spot in the program. Export this mapping subroutine and then you can delete the IO and download