PanelView 550 error and how to communicate?

crankycowboy

I have a machine with a panelview 550 (2711-K5a2L1). Well the machine operator came to me and told me that there was an error on the screen (I'm the plant manager who dabbles with PLC, a far cry from fully knowledgeable, which I will prove shortly). The error said "testing verification error 40". The PLC seems to still have the program and the PV550 appears to have maybe lost it's program? I have a windows 7 computer. I tried communicating with the PV550 via a UIC connector and a ethernet cable connected to the rj45 port. That doesn't seem to work via rslinx. I do have Panel Builder and a copy of the screens program. Could someone help me determine the proper drivers to use and how I need to go about communicating with the screen? I've had success using this method on the screens with an rs232 port, but not so much here. I believe there is also a method to communicate through the PLC. And possibly also maybe through a pcmcia to flash card adapter? However, I don't even know if I am on the right track assuming that the error is related to program or if it could be hardware? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I tried to provide as much info as possible. Thank you in advance!

Maybe this will help you get connected. See link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWgu1jdAPkE

via a UIC connector and a ethernet cable

That may work as long as its a straight thru cable (patch cord). But do not plug it in to your PLC's DH485 port as the PLC's port has 24vdc on it.

The proper cable is a 1747-C13. ( not all the wires are connected)

Error 40:

Test Number Indicates
40 No executable code to run after boot

Another method to download the program to a PV is with a memory card, see pdf.

Last edited:
The memory card is the best option.
ThePV550s like direct communication from Panelview rather than through RXLinx.
I use a 2711NM11 256K card has to be the AB card.

If you have a copy of the PV550 PanelBuilder32 application, you may want to take this opportunity to convert it to a non-obsolete HMI. I have a Red Lion G304K2 on my truck and I am about 4 hours from Dallas. It would probably take me 3-4 hours to do the software conversion. (I do not have Panelbuilder 32, but with a tag database and some screenshots can get 'er done). The hard part might be making a cable to match up the ports if the PLC doesn't support Ethernet.