Panelview 550 program transfer issue

plcguy2024

Hi all,
Im having trouble transferring a program from one panelview 550 to an new one.
I can insert a flash card into the old panelview and upload the program to it.
When i insert the card into the new panelview 550, it sees the card, sees the program but when i try to load from the card, it says file not supported.

Any help would be most appreciated.

New panelview model is 2711-T5A1L1 Series B - Revision E - Firmware 4.46
Old panelview model id 27711-T5A8L1 Series B - Revision B - Firmware 4.41

download the the old product catalog here

page 19
2711-T5A1L1 uses RIO communication (Remote I/O)
2711-T5A8L1 uses DH+ communication
the way the PV tag data base is configured is very different between the two.

Also the firmware difference might be an issue

do you have the PanelBuilder32 software?

1708452156609.png

download the the old product catalog here

page 19
2711-T5A1L1 uses RIO communication (Remote I/O)
2711-T5A8L1 uses DH+ communication
the way the PV tag data base is configured is very different between the two.

Also the firmware difference might be an issue

do you have the PanelBuilder32 software?

View attachment 68179
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply it's much appreciated.
I do indeed have panel builder.
I've tried to connect to the new Panelview this way also but get a 4091 error.
I was plugged into the rs232 port and rslinx could see the Panelview but would not download the program.

I thought using the memory card option would be easier after failing with panel builder.

I think the difference between the two PanelView 550 are the protocol and that is why you are getting the "file not supported".

The 2711-T5A1L1 is RIO protocol
The 2711-T5A8L1 is DH+ protocol

These protocols are similar but have a different purpose for communicating.

Issue: Error 4091 - Application file is for an incompatible communication type. Problem: The application file you attempted to download is not compatible with the operator terminal. Recommended Solution: Verify that the application matches the terminal in terms of terminal type, input method, firmware revision, and communication options. Also verify the Series and Revision level of the catalog pick are compatible with the terminal.

Changing from DH+ to RIO is not going to solve the problem. What is the PanelView communication with? I believe you will need to get a PV that supports DH+.

So it is connected to the DH+ port on the SLC504's, if so then you will need DH+ PanelView, if you want to use the RIO PanelView then you will need a 1747-SN card in the rack that you want to communicate to.
If the PanelView is talking to both processors and you still want to use the RIO PanelView, then you will need to use messages on DH+ from the one without the 1747-Sn card to the one with the 1747-SN card and then modify the PanelView program to get the data from the one processor.