Upgrade Panelview 550

I was incorrect

I found an RA Knowledgebase article that corrects my understanding of the firmware upgradeability of the oldest PanelView Standard terminals. I was wrong about the Series A being upgradeable past v1.

RA Knowledgebase article BF20371 (access level: TechConnect) addresses the upgradeability of various older terminals succinctly:

Firmware 1.03 --> 1.07
Firmware 2.00 --> 4.20
Firmware 4.41 --> 4.48

If you need a feature that is only available in later firmware, the only option is to replace the terminal or upgrade to a modern platform.

Where did you get the firmware upgrade tool from. Can't find it on the Rockwell site. I have a similar problem. 2711-K5A2 with old firmware. (Otherwise it is new, still got the sticker that says REMOVE AFTER WIRING)

Similar Topics

I am currently upgrading from a panelview 600 to a panelview plus 700 and when I convert the program i get the following message. Screen 1 -...
Replies
Views
I just recently replaced a panelview 600 with a panelview plus 700 and I am new to programming plc's so bear with me . I got the panel builder 32...
Replies
Views
Has anyone tried to update the windows XP on a AB Versaview/Panelview +CE. Or am I going to have to replace the whole unit. Our IT group is...
Replies
Views
I need to upgrade an old Panelview that went out. The old Panelview uses the PDS software for programming and communicates over RIO to a PLC 5/25...
Replies
Views
I have a customer in the field that have an older panelview plus that I programmed in 2011. I was told that one of the worker accidently hit it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom