Micromaster 440 - OP07

userxyz

Hi,

Is there anyone who know how te read/write in a direct access profile, I mean: An OP7 directly connected to a MM440 drive (profibus connection) ?

Reagards,

Gerry

:rolleyes:

I wish you would post that app note here, or the link to it.

I work with 18 machines that have OP7's on them and so far have not had any problems. I have Protool software but dont get to do more than reload software from time to time. Its nice to know the quirks or tips associated with devices like this.

OP7-MM440

I received an answer from a siemens employer. I tested what he told me, and it works great. Just connect a profibus cable between the drive and the OP7, set the resistors on both ends on. The I made a project in siemens simatic manager (protool and drive es integrated), u configure in the hardware a PLC with a profibusline, and u connect a micromaster to it with an adress, let's say adress 3. That's all, the communication has to run with an S7 driver, that's why the PLC is needed. Then u insert an OP in your project and u configure an S7 300 driver, in the communication parameters: profibus, and in the screen belox: define peer parameters yourself (don't choose the PLC), give the adress 3 (micromaster adress).
Now, on the CB of the micromaster: set dip 1 and 2 high (adress 3) or do it in parameters 918 (Micrmaster 4 btw).

You can read all parameters and can write parameters with the OP in a direct communication. I've programmed in protool 6, 4 screens, one for the actual output frequentie; one for the current, voltage and torque, one to start and stop the motor and one to read out the inputs (r722).

When u create a screen, u must insert a tag, if it's not a read parameter u can configure Input/Output, else u need to configure output. Then u need to define the datatype

These are the possible datatypes :

U16 -> 16 bit unsigned : WORD
U32 -> 32 bit unsigned : DWORD
I16 -> 16 bit integer : INT
I32 -> 32 bit integer : DINT
Float -> Floating point : REAL

For example: u want to read out r066, it's an output tag, when u look in the Micromaster parameter manual, u see that it's an float datatype, so choose real in the tag configuration, and display decimal. That's how it works.

U can't start and stop a motor just like that, well, yes u do, this is how I realized it:

I made a screen in protool (input/output screen) where I could enter a value for parameter P2889 (fixed connector). Then I setted in the terminals (startersoftware for micromaster drives) the first on BICO (99). Then in the free modules I did a compare between P2889 and 100% and write an output (low or high) to parameter P840 (on/off1). When u type 100% on the OP, the motor will start, set any other value and the motor will stop. If there are better possibillities, please let me know ... don't say: USE A PLC, I KNOW THAT 2 :p

Best regards

Now, on the CB of the micromaster: set dip 1 and 2 high (adress 3) or do it in parameters 918 (Micrmaster 4 btw)

Set parameter 918 for the profibus address - now that is some info worth storing in the old grey matter.
That will save me trawling through the parameter listing.

Cheers Combo and JRW

Paul

Hi, i'm trying to connect directly (without th PLC) a MM440 to my computer and make a SCADA, can it be done? i tryed WinCC Flexible but i can't read the drive from there, any ideas?

Oh, i'll thanks a lot, i did search in that document earlier but i dont have the resourses to but a S7-200, thats why i'm looking for alternatives, i'll start a new thread later in the day, thanks for the advice and the help.

Best regards

Johlan