profibus

jimcav

Hello
icon9.gif

Well phoenix contact has did me in! I ordered ip67 module i/o blocks from them and told them they need to be npn and of course they were not. I need a manufacture that makes ip67 rated profibus blocks in npn. I have looked at all the big names including turck.
Everyone has pnp. Does someone know of an american manufacture of this style i/o.

HELP
Jim Cav

You may have luck by calling Mitsubishi, not sure though...

I was using their CC-Link IP67 modules (like AJ65SBTW4-16D etc)
and they have some in profibus version as well.
I only have catalogues up to V7 (Product Selection Guide 2005,
Profibus I/O start on page 408) so I see only 3-4 modules and
none are NPN. Maybe call can clarify if the NPN is available.

Mitsubishi Profibus

I checked with my contact at Mitsubishi (IM is great!), and he said that they don't make a sinking version of that module. Reason being that Profibus is a European network (Siemens), and Europe is pretty much all sourcing.

Sorry

Check Wago I/O. Its made in Germany, but keeps pretty good stock in the USA. Go to wago.com to find a distributor near you. My distributor can get me most stuff within a couple weeks if I expedite the order. I'm not sure how must stock there would be in sinking I/O modules and a profibus adapter.

$