Program Upload CPM1A

hfenwickusa

I'm trying to upload the program in an OMRON CPM1A. I have CX-Programmer v3.1. Does this require a special cable? I tried using a standard RS232 cable and automatic connect to the processor but was unable to connect. Can anyone help me with my problem.

Same Problem

Dear All,
I am also facing this problem, same posted in this site few days ago. Expecting this time somebody will expalin about this.
Riyaz

I am not an Omron expert, but we have one in our plant. Make sure nothing is using the com port on the development computer such as RSLinx. We have also had problems with the communication modules. I have had to replace two in the last year or so. Ours has an Omron HMI so it is easy to swap cables to check the module. Hope this helps.

you need an omron cs1w-cn226 cable for the peripheral port or if you want to use the com port you need cable CBL-202 2-2
the pinouts are female on left male on right 3-3
4-7
5-9
6-8
7-5
8-1
shield-1
the Omron book of cables has the pinouts for most of the Comm cables

use the autoconnect button the CX-programmer to check the connection I beleive they are usually SYSMAC for this processor but could be toolbus

Last edited:
You will need a CPM1-CIF01 Communication adapter and this cable
or a CQM1-CIF02 cable to connect the computer to the peripheral port. This is the only port on a CPM1/CPM1A unit.

CX-Programmer (any version) will work with the CPM1. You may need to setup for the correct processor. Next to the Device Type in the Change PLC dialog box is a Settings button. You need to make sure the correct CPU type is selected or you will not be able to connect.

Hope this will help.

Omron PLC Connected with MMI

In my case Omron PLC Connected with MMI (HMI) For communication with PLC I need to connect cable to MMI's unused 9 PIN connector.
Is in this case I need any special card/cable or I can made localy as shown above post?

That will depend on the MMI. You may need to disconnect the MMI to be able to program the plc. Check the documentation for the MMI to see if it supports "pass through" mode.

Hope this will help.

i have the same problem communicating with cpm1a i'm using CPM1-CIF01 Communication adapter . I'm also using CX-Programmer ,i've also tried to
use syswin programmer,in which case "no responce from plc" will appear