PLC Power filter

Critt

Hello

Just wondering what everyone is using for a good power filter for PLC's these days. Thinking about going with the cutler hammer AEGIS-HW style.

I find the Islatrol 100 series to be cost effective.

http://www.control-concepts.com/prod_isOriginal.asp

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Transient Reduction[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minimum of 40 dB from 50 kHz through 50 MHz. Attenuation is greater than 50 dB to the surge withstand capability ringwave test IEEE C62.41, Category “A” and “B”[/font]​
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Load Regulation[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Better than 1% from no load through full load[/font]

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING beats a SOLA isolation transformer.

I have seen both the TVSS and Islatrol fail in situations with high commutation noise due to high HP drives and the sola transformer does not. Your PLC will thank you for the SOLA.

Never used any isolation transformer or filter. Just a 480/120 control transformer worked fine. However, all my applications were less than 500hp dc and ac drives.