Machine Control Wiring

ryan100980

In the Uk does anyone know what the standard is for machine control wiring i.e. three phase is brown black grey what about 110v, 240v, 24vdc etc..

please help if you know and post any links this is something I would like some clarification on as I see a wide range of different combinations

EN60439 - standard for switchgear and control gear assemblies; and

EN60204-1 - for electrical equipment of machines :)

We standardise on:

- BLACK: a.c. and d.c. power ccts;
- RED: a.c. control ccts;
- BLUE: d.c. control ccts;
- ORANGE: interlock control ccts supplied externally

Among a few and some customers have there own specification

But Dave...Simon did not use the pretty colours :D (colors did I put the U in the correct place? :unsure: )

geniusintraining said:
But Dave...Simon did not use the pretty colours :D (colors did I put the U in the correct place? :unsure: )

Correctly spelt ................ COLOURS

The queens english :)

I expect i have opened a can of worms here o_O but i do feel i had a carrot dangled in front of me!