New comer to the world of PLCs

popoffcrew316

Hello im kind of new to the world of plc's.i worked in the theme park industry as a ride operator.i constantly saw them at the rides and was naturally curious about them. i did a little research and found out that they're pretty interesting. i started to make a career out of them. i was just looking for a little advice to get my foot into the door as far as to getting my career off the ground. i am currently studying industrial electronics through a distant learning program. i am also planning to attend college to get my associates in electronic engineering technology. Thanks in advance

popoffcrew316,

Welcome to the great world of PLCs....try here

learn.jpg

In addition to GIT's advice, start playing with them and ask specific question. The people here will be your greatest learning tool

I spent most of my life in the Amusement Industry. You many want to look for a job in an area that will provide experience working with machinery etc.

Also note this site has an online simulator too.

I have nothing against some online classes but in general I would recommend going to a State Community college for an A.S. degree with transferable credits to a 4 year college, an engineering degree is better if to have.

Even if going to take classes later try and learn some of it on your own. Here are a few sites that may help:
www.patchn.com Look around, lots of information.

www.patchn.com/forum1 Look in Annoucements, How-to's, Free Training.
http://www.patchn.com/forum1/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=8bab613200cf53ce78ca3d02cf3e1c72

www.http://www.thelearningpit.com/

PLC's are just one aspect of a control system, the more you can learn in math, chemistry, physics, the better your understanding will be.