OMRON PLC newcomer

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear all,

First of all I want to wish you Merry Christmas.

I currently support Siemens, AB, Schneider Electric and I wish to start working with OMRON PLCs. I am researching on what tools I have to purchase to start off.

Could you please give me a head start my proposing the required tools like cables and Software.

I would be more keen to a universal solution, like
a cable adapter and a software for all OMRON PLC series (If possible).

Regards

Nik

CX-One software covers all the latest PLCs, most of the older PLCs, touch screens, networking, drives, temperature controllers and motion control. Also covers Profibus, Device Net, CompoNet, EthernetIP, routing tables.
Cables vary depending on models. You only need a standard USB cable for the CP1 series and the CJ2 series PLCs. Nothing special. For others post what you will be connecting to and we can advise which cables you will require. The NS, and some other, touch screens also only require a standard USB cable. For Ethernet connection standard Ethernet crossover cables are required unbless your laptop Ethernet port has auto detect and then a standard Ethernet straight thourgh cable is OK.

Last edited: