CP5512 - Network Parameter Configuration Issues

samliu11

Hi All,

I need some help here, I'm trying to set up this CP5512 adapter to communicate with the Siemens PLC, all I left is to set up the "transmission rate".

Does anyone know why this doesn't allow me to do that?
I got the full version of the program and stuff, and it works on my other computer.

If I can get any feedbacks would be really good,

Cheers,
Sam

(Attached is a picture of the issues)
This one I can configure
picture02.jpg

This one I cannot configure
picture01.jpg

Hello samliu11.

It does look weird. I havent had the same situation like you, so I am just throwing in some guesses.

Maybe you are allready online with STEP7, and thus the card is locked.

Maybe you have a Simatic PC Station configured on the PC, and it has the CP5512 assigned so that it locks the card. Is there an icon in the taskbar that looks like a small PC ? If there is, open it up and check if the CP5512 card is one of the configured components.

Thanks, I believe it might be the license or the CD not having the full version. Because I reinstalled it with another disc and it works fine.

So what I did was change the transmission rate with the disc that works and then removed the program and reinstall it with the old disc, now the transmission rate is stuck with the baudrate I want. Though I can't change it, but now I can communicate with the PLC.

It's not a perfect solution, but as long as it does the job, I'm happy.

Cheers,

Sam

That with the problem being related to a version of STEP7 sounds odd. Which software packages in which versions are you using ?
It is possible that there is a servicepack or hotfix available.

I am sure (99.9% sure) that it has nothing to do with the license though.

It sounds like you installed Simatic Net and in the "Configuration Console" it has the "access point" locked on that card. If you have, check that the "access point" is set for PG Operation and not "Configured"