G&L Global Variables from OPC Server

Zetor

How can I get a description of the Global Variables generated from the PiC Pro OID file, which is loaded into the G&L OPC Server for clients to access? I am creating tags in a 3rd party historian and need a way to "dump" the descriptions and cross reference them to Global variables exposed by the G&L OPC Server.

Zetor

By description I assume you mean the 'long name' that appears to the very right in the software declaration table?

Unfortunately, when you build the .OID file all you get is the variable names and not the descriptions.

You can open the .OID file in notepad, excel, word, etc in order to get the 'short name' that is used in the PLC program and by the OPC server.

Similar Topics

Maybe I'm being dumb, but is there no way to print the contents of the Global Variables window while programming a Micro in Connected Components...
Replies
Views
I have an existing array in Global Variables, Test_Array: ARRAY [0..3,0..20] OF DINT that is working fine. I can see the values changing when I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm using FactoryTalk View ME V10. I created a valve as a global object with multiple parameters and when the object is being used at the...
Replies
Views
I am creating a global object in FTView SE 13. I want to have a string read from the PLC and display (in this case the tagname). So lets say...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Attached below is an example of what is happening to our existing SCADA. It seems after patching some Rockwell Software that I thought...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom