Factory Talk View SE Red Cross Error on Global Objects

Lodd_

Hi all,

Attached below is an example of what is happening to our existing SCADA.

It seems after patching some Rockwell Software that I thought was completely independent of the FT View stuff, upon restarting some servers, I have inadvertently affected the Global Object calling?

I am not really sure what happened and the Objects that fail to load are seemingly random whenever I switch pages.

Does anyone know what is going on and if there is a solution?
Any notes on your experience with dealing with this is appreciated so I can understand what I can do for the future.

Thank you!

Red Cross Error FTViewSE.JPG

Hello Lodd_

Have you tried to delete it, and copy it from the global object again?
And does you diagnostic viewer, show a error message?

Hello Lodd_

Have you tried to delete it, and copy it from the global object again?
And does you diagnostic viewer, show a error message?
Hi Michoviz

We have tried deleting it and copying it as you have suggested. We have also tried creating a new global objects page with new objects but they all seem to be randomly affected too.
Within diagnostics viewer, I do see an error that looks like it could be related.

How would I go about fixing this error?

Thank you for your help.
1709068013911.png

If you rename/move any global object files or objects within global files this can happen. If you export the XML for an affected display, you'll find instances of global objects have the following attribute specifying the global object it's trying to load:

Code:
linkBaseObject="GLOBAL_FILE_NAME.GLOBAL_OBJECT_NAME"

If you rename/move any global object files or objects within global files this can happen. If you export the XML for an affected display, you'll find instances of global objects have the following attribute specifying the global object it's trying to load:

Code:
linkBaseObject="GLOBAL_FILE_NAME.GLOBAL_OBJECT_NAME"
Hi,

We have investigated the XML files already and we see nothing wrong with the element you've described above. It is seemingly random, so if I click to a different page and come back to the same page, the Object will load correctly, however, repeating the steps again a few times, it will not load again. Different objects are affected each time.

One way of fixing global object issues is to first backup the project and close all displays.

Then, assuming the global object file is named GLOBAL_01, rename it to GLOBAL_02. Open GLOBAL_02, select all objects and copy. Then create a new global file called GLOBAL_01, paste the objects inside then save.

Reopen your displays with instances and force a save (i.e. make some minor edit and undo).

Have you edited this Global Object? If so, this can happen when you group and ungroup them. Try closing all your displays that use this object, open the global object, regroup the items again and then open the displays that use them. You will also need to check that your haven't broken the global object parameters and defaults.

Have you edited this Global Object? If so, this can happen when you group and ungroup them. Try closing all your displays that use this object, open the global object, regroup the items again and then open the displays that use them. You will also need to check that your haven't broken the global object parameters and defaults.
Hi Jeev,

We have also tried that, unfortunately. We have also checked our global object parameters and defaults for the global objects that have just broken, but they are all good, as we can just click off the page and enter the same page and the same broken object will be okay again.