PC Anywhere Windows Key commands

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
Remote with Version 12 and Host with 10.

There is two seperate Desktop on the Host and the one shown to operators can only switch to the normal Winodws Desktop by Alt-Tab'ing to the Desktop switcher application then password your way to the normal Desktop.

Now from the remote I just can't do this Alt-Tab stuff.

Tryed even to reboot the host from remote it don't work. When I was at the Host, I saw that all my remote commands where effective at the normal Windows desktop. I had open menus and other things that match my Keys commands but it did not affect the viewed Desktop.

So since I see one thing and act on another, is there a way to have a remote PCAnywhere session that EXACTLY match what I would do if I where at the Host.

Any settings I missed?

theDave2 said:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/8d67bc594d5802c288256d2e006abd37/190056223be485ef8825649c004cac21?OpenDocument

Windows keystroke combinations that are passed to the host
  • Alt+Hyphen displays the child window's control menu.
  • Ctrl+F4 closes child window in the active application.
  • Ctrl+Tab toggles between multiple child windows.
  • List: The special Windows List key displays the right-click menu at the currently selected icon, field, or Windows item.

Thanks Dave.

Windows system keystroke combinations that execute on remote only
  • Alt+Tab displays a small window containing the icons of each open application on the remote. By holding one key and repeatedly pressing the other, you can cycle through all the open applications.
I was looking for a hack on this one. For the remote is a touchscreen, when booted without the keyboard it will not "see" one that would be added later.

I have found a way around it BUT one never knows how you crazy programmers could have found a way to hack this to work.