HMI symbols

Greg Dake

HI everyone. Curious where everyone gets their HMI symbols from? I use RSView32 and RSViewME/SE. The standard set aren't very inclusive with these software packages. I know the software toolbox (symbol factory) sells a few packages. Other than a couple cool looking pushbuttons, these packages don't really look to be worth the money. Where does everyone get thier symbols? I have obtained a few here and there over the past few years.

TIA,

Greg

I usually have to make what I want, none of the included stuff ever seems to be applicable.

There is, of course, the tried-and-true method of always copying other people's stuff you like, to be used later.

Just a little life learned lesson - stay away from any fancy or custom graphics. Upgrade path sometimes doesn't work.

Best experience lesson is to keep it simple.

Oakley said:
Just a little life learned lesson - stay away from any fancy or custom graphics. Upgrade path sometimes doesn't work.

Best experience lesson is to keep it simple.

That's my thoughts also. I have made fancy graphics for customers that really want them, but I like the P&ID style graphics as I can see data quickly without the clutter of a fancy screen. I can build them and make them look nice cheaper than I can build the fancy screens also.