Bitmap HMI symbols (poll)

Do you configure HMI graphics using custom graphics (bitmaps)?

• No never used custom graphics on HMI.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Have made some specific graphics for my own use.

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • I am interested in custom graphics for HMIs.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Would be willing to contribute to a HMI Graphic Library on this forum.

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • What the heck are you talking about??

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I use AutoCAD to create symbols too. That's the only program I am able to draw stuff in, as I'm not much of an artist. AutoCAD allows me to draw stuff 'to scale', which makes it a lot easier (for me).

Exporting bitmaps from AutoCAD isn't very straightforward, so I usually do a screen capture and edit out the 'extra' stuff. If needed, I colorize stuff in MS Paint... :rolleyes:

As Jean Pierre noted, it's quite tedious, but it gets the job done.

Here's a bottle lead screw I did recently:
[attachment]
Not bad for a non-artist!... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

screw.gif

Eric Nelson said:
I use AutoCAD to create symbols too. That's the only program I am able to draw stuff in, as I'm not much of an artist. AutoCAD allows me to draw stuff 'to scale', which makes it a lot easier (for me).

Exporting bitmaps from AutoCAD isn't very straightforward, so I usually do a screen capture and edit out the 'extra' stuff. If needed, I colorize stuff in MS Paint... :rolleyes:

As Jean Pierre noted, it's quite tedious, but it gets the job done.

Here's a bottle lead screw I did recently:
[attachment]
Not bad for a non-artist!... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Eric, When I do it like you, the biggest problem I have is to "crop" the bitmaps to the same dimensions. Do you have a neat trick for it?

I use IrfanView32. It is small and fast program that
supports many basic functions:
- read and convert just about all known formats
- scale
- rotate
- change number of colors
- crop
- batch (with mutiple actions!)

Hi all
I usually draw a custom graphics for HMI Using autocad .when i program the Magelis Series from Schnieder i can draw the graphics in the winword.
Importing Bitmaps to LG HMI enables me to display the HMI controls In arabic by writing the texts in any editor and save it as a bitmap image then call it as a symbol in my Screens.The HMI shows Arabic even It doesn't support arabic charachters. 👨🏻‍🏫

nothing beats good resources ;-)

i really prefer bitmap graphics with simple options like resize/position ... i did few systems in vector graphics (which offers great ability of any mathematical tranformation - but, it's much harder to draw a model, and even harder to extend it later) ... well, in last years, always creating layer-based

basicly, there are two types of usable graphics:
- full coloured for PC's and HMI's
lookup.jpg

- simple coloured for some OP's like OP170B
lookup2.jpg

both surely worthy of attention, so why not to share some icons? ;-)

Metafiles Better Than Bitmaps

Might I suggest that users put their efforts into creating scalable drawings that can be saved at metafiles? Our HMI software (and I'm sure that of comparable units) is capable of importing these, and they provide far more options than a simple bitmap re rotation, scaling, reflection and so on.