RSLinx - TCP Settings (maybe?)

Kidblue

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

Could anyone please clarify or confirm whether RSLinx (single node in this case) needs any ports opening or authorising, if used via some form of router/switch?

Below is a question asked by our customer in preperation for us modifying his machine network and company intranet....

The router in place is already filtering some of the network traffic out, although we need to investigate further when all the office staff and their PCs are fully operational on Monday.

In order to configure the firewall and filtering properly on the router, we need to know what kind of traffic RSLinx runs between the PLC and its "own PC". For example, is it UDP on port 30, HTTP on port 80 or something completely exclusive to RSLinx ?

I have tried to find out what it is by turning RSLinx on this morning, and looking at our firewall logs, but it is not recording anything at all.

Once I know what it is, then I can set the router to block all other incoming traffic from the rest of the network (except you, when you dial

in!)

What we're basically trying to achieve is an SLC 5/05 talking to a PV+1000, with a single PC running Linx and Access only, sitting on it's own IP range (192.168) and then this is connected via a router to their intranet to view and manage the Access database (using .asp) on a different range (132.147).

I would of thought that as long as the PLC can see the local PC, then he only needs to ensure that his intranet can then see the same PC (leaving Linx alone)....

The only reference i could find when googling referred to TCP 516, but nothing else (and i know i've never had to open ports before for Linx)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Check KB 29402 - it shows all port used

Technically you need 2222 and 44818
In some cases Ethernet/IP driver will not work and Ethernet Devices should be used