WinXP HMI

Greg Dake

Greetings everyone. This is a little OT, but how do I get the Windows on-screen keyboard to display at the windows logon screen? I have a touchscreen HMI running XP SP2 that I'd like to use Windows authentication with. I cannot figure out how to display the on-screen keyboard so a username and password can be entered at the Windows logon. What am I missing?

TIA,

Greg

Greg,
There is a touch screen keyboard and a mouse (one or both) that can be loaded at boot up. Some come with the Touch screen, Some are after market. Do a google search for "touch screen keyboard winxp". We also used a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.
George

Tough question. The Windows on screen keyboard is \WINPATH\System32\Osk.exe. I don't know if it's possible to have it come up before the user logs in. I found various posts referencing a way to do it, but didn't find out how. One said that they used this link here. That osk can send cntl+alt+del. I'm not sure how to run it before logging in though.