RSView32 active display on XP

harrisoncw

Good day to all.

I am installing RSView 32 V6.30.17 as an active display on a pc loaded with windows XP and I am getting a message that the path length is to long and I must change the environment settings in the system dialog. Before I start playing with settings I would like to know it XP is able to run this software.

Thanks.

Heres what the website says

Active Display System Requirements

Active Display Server

RSView32 Active Display Server installs on the computer where RSView32 Works or RSView32 Runtime is installed and requires:
  • Personal computer with Pentium® 133 to 200 MHz processor or higher, depending on the complexity of the application and the number of client connections
  • Microsoft Windows XP, with Service Pack 1 or later, and with Peer Web Server or Internet Information Server installed, or Windows 2000, with Service Pack 3 or later, and with Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0
  • 256 to 512 MB of RAM depending on the complexity of the application and the number of client connections
  • RSView32 Works or RSView32 Runtime software (and PLC drivers)
  • 10 Megabit Ethernet connection (or 100 Megabit Ethernet, depending on project complexity)
  • Dial-up, LAN, or WAN connection supported by DCOM (TCP/IP)
  • One Microsoft Windows Server, acting as a primary domain controller, on the network. Include all computers in the RSView32 Active Display System as members of this same domain. (A primary domain controller is not a requirement with RSView32 6.3 and higher when using RSView32 security, however, it is still required if using Windows security)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
Active Display Client

• Personal computer with at least 100 MHz Pentium® processor or higher, depending on the complexity of the application
  • Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or later, Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 or later
  • 128 to 256 MB of RAM, depending on project complexity
  • 10 Megabit Ethernet connection (or 100 Megabit Ethernet, depending on project complexity)
  • Dial-up, LAN, or WAN connection supported by DCOM (TCP/IP)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, or version 4.01 with Service Pack 2
Marc