5431 card blues

lenny

Need to set a CP 5431 card to do both FMS (to a FDL WW I/O Server) and DP to a Eurotherm Link module. The cp5431 lives in a 115u rack with a 942 CPU. This will be the DP master.

I have been able to get the FMS portion to work to WW but can't seem to get the DP part set up at all. We are using COM 5431 in S5 to set the card parameters. Siemens contends, Ja Will Do Both. I remain skeptical.

Anyone ever done this?

Lenny

Lenny

I have not had the pleasure of working with the CP 5431 so I might be well out with what I am about to say

Firstly, do you have to set a SAP (service access point) to the CP 5431 and the CPU to set the comms up?

If the answer is yes, as you are using two protocols, do you have to set up a SAP for each protocol?

Just a suggestion.

Paul

Paul,

I'll check that. The 5431 lives as an intelegent I/O card serviced by dual port ram. It is the only card like that in the rack and I have set it as ssnr 0. It could be that in the COM 5431 there is a mask to set SAP for both FMS and DP. Thanks

I can't get DP to work at all even when I set the card up for only the DP protocol. I am thinking that there is a "User Perametriztion" problem. My test set up (using ET-200M) tells me to set that at 40h 60h 00h but I think there is more to it than that. This whole thing with GSD files baffles me.

THanks again for the clue. I'll give it a try tommorrow.

Lenny