CP5431 Commproblem

vordhi

Hi,

We have S5-115H PLCs in two different locations around 4 to 5 Kms apart. They both have CP5431 cards and they are connected to each other by Cable with repeaters in between. Suddenly we received Comm alarm in our OP7, further checking revealed that the one of the CP5431's Stop LED is on.
Tried to stop the PLC and start which didn't help.
I am not familiar with Siemens PLCs, Can anybody help?

Thanks
Ramki

You might need to add a bit more info for this one...

You have 2 x S5-115H fault tolerant systems - 4 PLC's in total?
What is the full system configuration?
What is the status of all the LED's on the CPU's, IM's & CP's?

Hi,
I am attaching the system configuration.
The CP5431 Stop LED is ON, Run LED is off, CP fault LED is OFF.
The LEDs on the CPUs are normal and the CPU is running normal except the Data from the remote location is not available.

Thanks
Ramki

Problem identified in the Backplane, the card was removed from it's slot and placed it in the CPU rack,problem resolved as of now. Thanks to Siemens engineer visited who helped us.