RsLogix 5.00 on winXP

onyx2002

Hello All,

this is my first post here, just getting started in PLC programming, and I'd like to know if there is a way to install RSlogix in winxp SP2?? when i run the installer it tells me i need service pack4 in NT to continue installation.
Is there a patch or download that will allow me to complete installation??
Any help greatly appreciated

Version 5.0 of RSLogix 500 preceded the release of Windows XP. Version 5.20 was the first version to fully support Windows XP. Although some users have reported success with various compatibility modes, full compatibility with Windows XP Professional will be assured only with version 5.20 or later.

The current release of RSLogix 500 is version 7.20. It supports a number of new controller operating systems that have been released in the past five years, and if you are planning on working with new controllers it's a good idea to get the current version. Upgrades require a support contract.

Ken Roach said:
Version 5.0 of RSLogix 500 preceded the release of Windows XP. Version 5.20 was the first version to fully support Windows XP. Although some users have reported success with various compatibility modes, full compatibility with Windows XP Professional will be assured only with version 5.20 or later.

The current release of RSLogix 500 is version 7.20. It supports a number of new controller operating systems that have been released in the past five years, and if you are planning on working with new controllers it's a good idea to get the current version. Upgrades require a support contract.

Ken, I haven't received an email indicating an update and 7.20 is not listed at the website. How long has it been available? Thanks, Jeff

Sorry, got ahead of myself. You're right that 7.10 is the shipping release of RSLogix 500, which I am running.