WinXP remote desktop and RSLogix

you should be able to use rslogix over remote desktop, but if you're activating the software for the first time... i don't think activation will work while using remote desktop. i could be wrong, though.

You cannot start RSLogix500 via remote desktop.

I've run into this issue myself and Rockwell Tech Support said its something to do with .net and the fact 500 doesnt use it/support it.

However if you use LogMeIn or similar it will work OK.
As I said, been there, done that, got the t-shirt etc.

Logix5000 works just fine with Remote Desktop.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I have the misfortune of needing to support some old firmware version 1756 controllogix machines in rslogix 5000, as well as some...
Replies
Views
Hello all, newbie here and looking for some advice on an old symax 400 plc. Had to set up a win xp machine with intouch wonderware connected to...
Replies
Views
have a new pc now at work that has win 7 loaded on it. I also have my old pc with win xp that it allowed me to keep to work on some of the older...
Replies
Views
All, I'm trying to connect to a Toshiba MDR40S. I have the T-PDS32 installed on a WinXP VM, and have assigned port 1 (on the VM) to port 3...
Replies
Views
Hey there, Just built a vb6 application using CvsInSightDisplay.ocx, works perfectly on the system I have vb6 + in-sight explorer installed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom