AD DL06 setbit /rstbit

elevmike

I'm attempting to turn off & on the backlight and operate the beeper in the 06 LCD panel. The example on Page 10-23 using the Set/Rst coils seems incorrect, so I'm working with the SETBIT & RSTBIT instructions, but cant get any action from that either???

How do you set or reset bit 12 & 14 in V7742?

Thanks, Mike

2 things,

1. I attempted to use the example on page 10-23 of the manual, however you cannot use the Set/Rest coils in the manner described in the manual.

2. Using the SETBIT & RSTBIT instructions, you must address the bit in octal. (for example the 8th bit is actually bit 10 in octal). This was actually clearly spelled out on the bottom of page 5-144, but I still somehow missed it....

elevmike said:
2 things,

1. I attempted to use the example on page 10-23 of the manual, however you cannot use the Set/Rest coils in the manner described in the manual.

2. Using the SETBIT & RSTBIT instructions, you must address the bit in octal. (for example the 8th bit is actually bit 10 in octal). This was actually clearly spelled out on the bottom of page 5-144, but I still somehow missed it....

One of the things you have to pay special attention to when working with AD. All adressing is done in octal. If you make your tages on an excel speedsheet this can cause all kinds of problems.