SLC5/04 Question on AI Config Change

SCRUFF

I currently have a SLC5/04 w/ a Bad I/O point that is currently configured for a Flow Transmitter w/ a scale of 0-1300SCFM. There are a few spare I/O Points on this card and I need some help on how tp re-configure that to a another (Free)point on that card.

Once again, I have never done this before and can use some of the Gurus HELP.

Regards...

Upload a copy of the program in RSLogix and store in a safe place.

Using the cross-reference, find all instructions that access that memory location assigned to the analog input.

Editting can be done online or offline, depends on what you feel comfortable with.

At each fore-mentioned instruction, change the instruction so that it accesses the new Analog Input address instead of the old.

Download the new program if you editted offline or enable the new edits if you did it online and verify functionality of the new analog input address.

If you believe you messsed up, you can get a copy of your saved backup copy and start all over.

Or if you wish, post the program here, we'll make the change for you and repost it so that you can see how its done.

Depending on which analog input module you are using, the sapre channels may be disabled in the module configuration. If you are using any module other than the 1746-NI4, you need to look at the module config to ensure that the spare channel you are going to use is enabled and configured correctly.