PLC5 Operator Interface

hipoint2

I have been looking for a operator interface that is non AB to work with a PLC5/60, but am having a ruff time finding one. Here is my application I have a AB PLC5/60 that can either talk AB RIO, AB DH+, or I am thinking about adding the ethernet side car so one that would maybe talk I think ethernet PCCC. Anyone out their have any suggestions on a manufacter? Thanks

hipoint2 said:
I have been looking for a operator interface that is non AB to work with a PLC5/60, but am having a ruff time finding one. Here is my application I have a AB PLC5/60 that can either talk AB RIO, AB DH+, or I am thinking about adding the ethernet side car so one that would maybe talk I think ethernet PCCC. Anyone out their have any suggestions on a manufacter? Thanks

Most Non-AB products will use DF1 or DH485. I know at one time Panlemates had a DH+ card, but the Panelmates were ssssssssslow. Is there any reason other than price, quality and support issues you do not want a Rockwell product ?

panelmate_1.JPG

Ian

Last edited:
hipoint2 said:

You have a third option, use the PLC5/60's serial port which is DF1 protocol.

Nope nothing major just looking at all my options. We have alot of AB panelveiws here all sizes and shapes and have never had a problem with them. Just putting all my cards on the table before I give it to management and they put the heat on me why I chose what I did. Thanks

Mickey said:
You have a third option, use the PLC5/60's serial port which is DF1 protocol.

Can't do that it is tied to a pc running RSLinx DF1 and later on down the line their might be 4 or 5 operator interfaces tied on this whole job. Thanks

If you go down the ethernet route you could use the redlion g3 series. The g3 will also talk dh485 and df1 but will not do dh+ or rio.

There support goes further than most others i have encountered and the G3 boasts many features.

Forgot to add the software (which includes f/w updates) is totally free!

Last edited:
I love PanelMates. The programming software is very clean and bug free and can be mastered in a day. They are very fast to download (~30 seconds). They allow the use of expressions in almost all objects which gives you incredible flexibility. And, the newer 24vdc Power Pro Series are much faster than the old Power Series.

Most important, they have been around a long time and will probably continue to exist for quite a while. CH, unlike AB, does not constantly fiddle with the software too, so you rarely have to upgrade software/firmware.

JMHO

Last edited: