Make a file read only PLC5

BeepBob

Hello all,

I am seeing this behaviour where an integer file (N46:33), has an integer in binary (11110) which is 30 in decimal.

I did a search(cross reference) and the only place that reference N46:33 is a Compute instruction.

For some reason, after I download to the PLC, N46:33 , sometimes goes to 1111

I do not see any other instruction within the logic that can write to N46:33

Is there a way I can make N46:33 read-only?

plc5.jpg

What is the CPT instruction - is it an expression?
If so, what is in that expression?

And the other N46 words around, are they similar?

Is there a power up /first scan routine that sets a value to the integer word(s)?

You cannot make it read only, but you can force a value into it.
The only other way is to check what other PLCs or SCADA/HMI could write values to it,.

Look for inderect references for it. It will be somewhere in the program.

You can find it by searching for [ or ]

unfortunately in rslogix500 they didn't think to give a good way to find something that was indirectly addressed. just remember, you may be looking for something like

N46[XX] where XX is another address that sometimes becomes 33. and you could look for that value being put into it, or you could look for a file that matches the binary if they used a masked move to put a specific value in it.

If you want, just upload the file here and someone can look at it and tell you where it's being changed at.