OT:CFL's

Togadude

If a fixture is rated for 60W, is it ok to install a CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) that claims to give 100W of light for 23W of usage? There doesnt seem to be that much concrete info out there.

Thanks in advance

100W is just a manner of speaking meaning that your 23W CFL will give same luminous intensity as an 100W incandescent bulb.

You are right it is confusing.

I had lots of debates with my friends that all light sources should be measured in lumens or candelas but they said it is much easier to understand in watts.o_O ...not my opinion

So being your 23W CFL will be just fine into an 60W rated fixture.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Looking for someone that can explain the functionality of the PCFL-INTEG (Integrator) block in a Modicon Quantum 534. I've been...
Replies
Views
Our client have a centralized machine status indicator, with the use of CFL enclosed in a colored diffuser-acrylic plastic. Each CFL is connected...
Replies
Views
Hi I am using Proworx32 1.1 trial version to practise Modicon PLC programming. I have problem of getting any of the PCFL function working in...
Replies
Views
U
Hi friends, I need help to solve one Analoge problem I am using Quantum 11302 CPU using Concept v 2.5 , 984LL logic ACI3000 analog card...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Hi My question related to Quantum PLC usiing Concept v 2.5 Sotware i am using a PCFL -AIN Block in which i am input the Flow data now i need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom