Siemens OP3 and OP17 - upload?

misamark

Hi to everubody!

Excuse me for asking maybe silly questions, but I am very new in this area; Until now I have never work with Siemens HMI;

I have on the process instaled 3 pcs of OP3 and one MP17 HMI`s; and I need to make secure copy of programs inside; but I am not sure that is possible;

CAN I UPLOAD FROM THIS TEXT BASED SIEMENS HMI?

I tried to establish serial and MPI communications bud doesn`t sussceed. :(

Regards!!!

Hello misamark;
To refine STL's answer:
OP3 is not supported by Prosave; MP170 is; but whatever you upload from the panel is a compiled file. You cannot open it in protool/WinCC flexible, and you can only download it (with prosave) to a similar panel, in case of replacement, for example.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks to everybody;

I tried to connect with ProSave, and I have seen that JUST OP17 is supported; But there is also one option in ProTool to UPLOAD from HMI; but no listed which OPs; so I have tried to make new project on OP3 and to upload, but without success; I still didn`t tray with OP17; I don`t have 15-pin serial cable to connect; I would try with MPI latter;

To dchartier: I know that I could not open and use this file to change project, but I only need secure copy to download in spare one; I have just one istalled and have one more in spare parts store; so I just need original one. That`s the same like AB, just upload and download, without decompilling and making changes. Unfortunatelly, I do not have original project with me.

Sure that You helped me so much, and thanks for everybody!!