new PASSWORD for old "AB 1336 PLUS" VFD

Hi All!

Does anyone know if its possible to "reset" or "change" the password of an old Allen Bradley "1336 PLUS" VFD without knowing the current pasword?

Ive dived deep into the pdfs of rockwell automation but i dont find a clue for assigning a new password (or erasing the whole flash) w/o entering the current pasword for this eleven year old drive...

Has someone sometime worked with this unit? Isnt there a jumper? or something? any way to erase the flash memory?

I imagine i cannot be the first one having this problem... How else would they sell used drives around?

Its almost impossible for me now to find the brazilian technician supposed of having worked on this VFD in El Salvador around 1998.... And if i get him he´ll most probably have forgotten the password he used....

Any hint will be appreciated!

Best wishes for 2007!

Kiko

I had a similar problem with a 1336 VFD in the late 90's. Don't hold me to it, but I seem to remember that 1205 or 1225 was an AB master password for that drive. Sorry if I am wrong, it has been a long time.

Regards

Thank you KP_EENG, Eddie

In fact i learnt now there are "master passwords" for those drives.

A local technitian came and entered one - it worked!
but he told me he couldnt tell it to me.. anyway ill try if the ones you posted actually work, thanks for your help.

Kiko