PLC 5/15 Processor Fault

lendyck

Hi,

I had an issue with a PLC 5/15 showing a solid red light for the processor status. I think this indicates a hardware issue. The funny thing is that this fault cleared on its own, though it did reoccur several times. I was not able to get online at the time to see what the fault was, though it may be worth while to write some code to log faults.

If the hardware issue is resolved, will the processor clear the fault and continue on?

Thanks.

Len

I should have also mentioned that there is a funky ladder file...see the attached image.

If I select properties for this file, it shows nothing. Nothing happens if I try to open the file. Corrupt memory?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
lendyck said:
I uploaded a picture. I tried re-uploading it and the site tells me it already exists. Maybe the pic has to be approved by the webmaster first.
After you upload, you have to select the --- text from the little upload dialog box and paste it in your reply to get it to appear. It already exists, cause you already uploaded it! Change the name and try again...there can be no whitespace in the filename...

IMHO PLC5s don't fail, but their power supplies do after about 20 years or more ;)

And you may be able to find evidence of the last fault code and file/rung number when you go online even if the fault has been cleared.

I'm such an amature! The image should show now!

PLC515.jpg

Hmmm...I have never seen anything like that before...RSLogix has somehow decided that one of your ladder files is an I/O configuration?

Perhaps one of the gurus can explain that one. I don't have RSLogix5 on this PC so I can't do much to investigate...

Maybe for the first time in my career I am looking at evidence of a PLC5 running with corrupted memory!

I am curious if it would display the same thing if you uploaded the PLC and chose the CREATE NEW FILE option when going online...