PLC 5/60 processor fault

**Bolty** said:
Morning all, Just a quick bit of follow up to let you know the conclusion of my plc 5/60 processor fault.It was the 1771-p7 power supply at fault. I checked status table, dip switches on both rack and processor, retested battery and connections. Reseated processor, modules etc but none of these made any difference.Program would still disappear.

I then swapped out the processor, loaded the program, powered down and again no program on power up. Swapped back the old processor, then swapped out the power supply and loaded in the program again. Powered down the panel, counted to ten (heh) then powered up and voila, processor on a steady green and the program still there!!.

So, thanks all for the suggestions, especially the dip switches. Would never have thought of that as a possible fault, but a pint goes to mickey for getting the correct fault although you'll need to come over here to get it though.

Cheers all

Bolty.

Pint?? Maybe a few liters of Scottish Ale.

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/style/24.5-scotchale.html

heh..ok maybe the offer of a pint was a bit stingy. I'll get you a gallon of 70 shilling (Special) or 80 shilling (Heavy).

Cheers (hic!)

Bolty