1769-L33ER best practices/procedure for setting up a out the box plc processor.

samvivi7

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to find good instructions on how to connect/set up a brand new PLC.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Jeremy

thanks for the reply, but i was looking for a complete step by step instructions. something like.
how to setup Bootp
then RSlink
update firmware
etc....

Chapter 4 of the linked manual covers your options, since there's more than one path to take.

Last edited:
Does this processor have a USB port? Use that instead of BootP to set your IP address. Or flash over USB.

Last edited:
If it's not covered by your references, make sure that the PC you use to flash the firmware has the power options set to keep the port alive no matter what.

The PC should not idle a port that is use, but it has happened to me so I now have a practice to always set my power options to the most environmentally unfriendly possible choices. I like to use a laptop that is plugged into a power outlet. If there is a power failure, the batteries keep her purring.

If you flash over Ethernet, use an isolated network, ideally just your PC and the PAC and a cable.