Real Time Clock on Micro's

madohman

You guys were so quick to answer my last question, so here I am again.

Does a Micro 1000 have a real time clock? I don't think it does, but the maintenance guy does.

We want to be able to find out when the last time an input or output was used. Building a test fixture to test a door and if nobody is around, we want to know when the last date/time it cycled.

If anybody has a suggestions, please let me know.

If memory serves, It is an add on option. Most 1000's do NOT have it installed.

I am sure someone else will know for sure.

RSL

The MicroLogix 1000 has no real-time clock. All it has is a "free running clock", which is really only useful for comparing timestamps.

A real-time clock is built into the MicroLogix 1100, and is available as an add-on option module for the MicroLogix 1200 and 1500 controllers.

If you happen to have a PanelView attached to the controller, I think you can write the PV clock's time into controller registers and use that to record an event time.

Ken Roach said:
The MicroLogix 1000 has no real-time clock. All it has is a "free running clock", which is really only useful for comparing timestamps.

A real-time clock is built into the MicroLogix 1100, and is available as an add-on option module for the MicroLogix 1200 and 1500 controllers.

If you happen to have a PanelView attached to the controller, I think you can write the PV clock's time into controller registers and use that to record an event time.

I have used this method before, only down side is the clock is updated on a minute basis only

clock.JPG