Ab Rio

bsprowls

Perhaps someone can give me some guidance. I have a PLC5/40 with 2 Rio racks existing connected with blue hose. On the first rack the dip switches on the 1794ASB module are set like this: S1 all on except 5 & 6, S2 all on. Second rack, S1 all on except 4, S2 all on except 7. Now I want to add a third rack, I believe that S1 should all be on except 4 & 6, S2 all on. Please check me. Also, what should be the value of the resistor that ends with the third rack?

That should work. That gives you racks 3,4 and the new one 5,
The resistor should be 150 ohms because the baud rate is set to 57.6k

One more question. Please tell me how you can decide what the i/o points are? I have an 1794IA16, a 1794OA16, and a 1794-IE8 modules.

It depends on the placement of your modules.

For discrete here is an example

address1.jpg

address2.jpg

For the analog you pick the addreses when you configure your BTR/BTW blocks

address3.jpg

In a PLC5 it goes Rack, Group, Slot...

So your new input will be Rack 5, Group 0, Slot 0 or I:050/00 through I:050/17 (octal)

Your new output will be Rack 5 Group 0, Slot 1 or O:051/00 through O:050/17

Next comes the fun part...The 1794-IE8 is gonna need block transfer logic added and you can put the data where ever you choose...

DISCLAIMER: I may have gotten those first addresses wrong...it's been a couple years since I had to set one of those up!

Good Luck!
Paul

Depends on what slots they reside in the rack. But they should all reside in rack 5 (or 6 depending on your rack size). So for example is your IA16 card is in slot 1 then the physical addresses for the card would be I:051/0 thru I:051/17