PanelView plus text edit at runtime

pimpim32

Is there any chance to edit the caption text at runtime?
I need to create a list of editable captions of 5 characters.

I am using RSViewStudio ME 4.0
PanelView+ 600
ML1500 LRP

The only method I know is just to insert a string variable into caption ant to edit it. However the string variable is "only" 42 words.For now I can edit about 32-38 strings as after that I am out of memory on plc.

So is there any way to edit caption text at runtime and the text just to remain into PV+ memory?

Or any method to create smaller STring variables?

Thank You
Marian

Create "Memory Tags" in the RSView ME application itself and you can edit those just like you can String data table elements in the controller.

In the tag database, create a tag where the Tag type = String. Select the Type = Memory selection button and check the "Retentive" checkbox.

You can edit each one of these at runtime by making a String Input Enable object and making this String tag the caption.

Wow, this is really simple.
It is even in the manual :)

Always I am telling myself I should read the manual more thoroughly, not just to screen it, but.....

Thanks Ken
Marian