Text Scaling issue with PanelView Plus 7

gdowdy@vai

Hello all,

First post here. Hitting a wall with finding info on this topic online, and none of my coworkers have a clue.

I have a PanelView Plus 7 Standard (2711P-T7C21D8S,) new right out of the box. I constructed a program for it with FactoryTalk View ME. Everything transfers and seems to work correctly, other than the scaling for the text (and some objects.) Within the local emulator (launching station locally from the computer) things show up fine, just as they do in the screen editor. However, when I download the program to the panel, the text is overlapping other objects and in some areas completely off of the display (as if it is not scaling correctly.)

Attaching some images.

Any ideas?

imageedit_1_9722237760.jpg imageedit_1_7214498527.jpg imageedit_1_9613907902.jpg imageedit_2_9789228288.jpg

You might need to install the fonts on the PanelView. Don't remember anymore if that's needed.

Are you 100% certain what you are loading into the PanelView is the latest version of the application? I notice that the fonts aren't the same between what you show on your computer and what is displaying on the terminal itself. The I in Information is a dead giveaway.

Here is something I see a lot. Someone changes the transfer utility to point to a location other than the default runtime directory (my pet peeve), then you make a new runtime, this goes into the default runtime directory. You download using the transfer utility, since it is grabbing form the last place you pointed the transfer utility to, you keep downloading an older version into the PanelView, not the fresh new runtime.

Are you 100% certain what you are loading into the PanelView is the latest version of the application? I notice that the fonts aren't the same between what you show on your computer and what is displaying on the terminal itself. The I in Information is a dead giveaway.

Here is something I see a lot. Someone changes the transfer utility to point to a location other than the default runtime directory (my pet peeve), then you make a new runtime, this goes into the default runtime directory. You download using the transfer utility, since it is grabbing form the last place you pointed the transfer utility to, you keep downloading an older version into the PanelView, not the fresh new runtime.
Yes. I've been making updates / revisions to animation-related items over the past several hours and updating the runtime file as I go. Updates are transferring and working correctly on the panelview, the text never changes though.

This appears to be some sort of firmware-related glitch, I was hoping someone would've seen before and found a workaround to. While this may be my first forum post (thanks for all the quick replies!) its certainly not my first rodeo dealing with a panelview & rockwell's ever-pleasant software and its many annoyances.

This is a font issue. You can clearly see the font type is different on your PC versus the PanelView.

The default font in the PVP is Arial. Ideally your application should use that font or else we need to look at transferring fonts to the PVP which is kind of messy. But if you must, there is a Tech Note describing how to add fonts to the terminal. It is QA5730 https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/27081 (Tech Connect account required)

OG

Last edited:
What font are you using on your PC? I concur with others, appears that you don't have the fonts loaded into the PV.

This is a font issue. You can clearly see the font type is different on your PC versus the PanelView.

The default font in the PVP is Arial. Ideally your application should use that font or else we need to look at transferring fonts to the PVP which is kind of messy. But if you must, there is a Tech Note describing how to add fonts to the terminal. It is QA5730 https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/27081 (Tech Connect account required)

OG
This ended up being correct. For some bizarre reason, almost every text item in my program had the default font changed from Arial to "Leelawadee UI." I didn't make that change myself, and the two fonts appeared similar enough I didn't catch that until I started looking into the font itself. Very bizarre. Regardless, after changing all the fonts to Arial things are working just fine.

Thanks all!

This ended up being correct. For some bizarre reason, almost every text item in my program had the default font changed from Arial to "Leelawadee UI." I didn't make that change myself, and the two fonts appeared similar enough I didn't catch that until I started looking into the font itself. Very bizarre. Regardless, after changing all the fonts to Arial things are working just fine.

Thanks all!

Thank you for letting us know!! Glad it is working properly now :)

OG