Passthru

brucechase

I have a system that has several SLC 5/04 on a data highway (DH+). Each slc has a panelview on channel 0 of the slc and it is set for DH485. I also have the entire system going to a Contrologix gateway with an ethernet card so I can see everything from our network (including wireless). If I use a PCMK card and connect anywhere in the data highway, I can see the panelview. If I go through the ethernet to the data highway to a slc, I can not see the panelview. I am attaching a picture showing browsing to the exact same processor both ways. As you can see, only the bottom shows the panelview. Has anyone experienced this before and is there any work around? I would love to be able to update all the panelview remotely (from my desk) instead of going out to the floor and connecting to the DH+. Any and all help/comments are appreciated.

smallpassthrubothways.jpg

Now this is going off of passing through other Ethernet gateways but in those cases they must be manually configured. Try right clicking on "Channel 0,DH-485" and select properties. See if it gives you the option of configuring the addresses to browse.

I'm not sure where I need to configure this passthru. The channel 0 is in the slc and it doesn't give me any choices for addresses. As for the contrologix ethernet card, there is nothing there for me to configure for DH485. I suspect there is some kind of limit on the packet information when it passes through the gateway. I really can't find much about this.

BTW, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, did a little searching in Knowledgebase and it looks like there is a little more to the pass thru on the DH485

If you have figured this out, please do post how. I'm in the exact same position of not being able to see the PVs on a DH485 network. From the research I did, it seems the SLC 5/04 processor is the problem, they do not support multi-hop according to AB.

I took this to mean that they will not let you use them to dig down into the DH485 network.

Has anyone come up with an alternative for this problem? I have a similar setup proposed as part of a network installation. There are DH+ SLCs with PVs connected on DH-485 and RIO. The SLCs are connected to a 1756-DHRIO in a CLX gateway (1756-EN2T will provide Ethernet connectivity).
Can I connect to the 1756-DHRIO via the USB port and see the PVs over PassThru?