slc 5/03 passthru to panelview

ygnm

hello all. i know this topic has been beaten to death but i am still cant get it to work on my end. i have a 1747-L532E and a panelview standard 900 that i am working on. i am connected to the slc via a net eni. i am trying to set up the passthru so that i can remotely download to the panelview. i have tried everything that i have found so far and i have not come across the right combination to make it work yet. anybody have any advice? anybody ever made this work?

I don't think you can do that through the NET-ENI and SLC serial port. If you were going through the DH485 port you would have a 42% chance...

The Net-ENI supports only point-to-point DF1 in its EtherNet/IP to DF1 translation mode, so the Net-ENI is always Node 0 and the SLC/MicroLogix is always Node 1.

If you were to set up the DH485 so that the SLC-5/03 is Node 2 and the PanelView is Node 1, then enable DF1/DH485 passthrough, then you *might* be able to download to the PanelView. But you wouldn't be able to go online with the SLC.

What might work is if you set up the 1761-NET-ENI as a generic Virtual Serial Port, so that you're using the DF1 Full Duplex driver (set for a KF3/KE Device Type) instead of the Ethernet driver.

That would allow RSLinx to send out packets with destination nodes 0-31 on them, which would browse the DH485 network via the Passthrough function.

Unless this was the only possible way to access the system, I wouldn't do it; carrying memory cards out to the machine is the best workaround (as long as your PV900 Standard has v3 or later firmware.... the PanelView 900 went out of production years before the rest of the terminals).

i dont have the complete catalog number off the panelview right now. i have been trying to get the com port redirector set up and linx is telling me that all my ports are being used. i have shut everything down. i dont know what to do to get to it. i guess i will have to just go to that platform sometime and do a direct download. i am about ready to punt this laptop into the gulf