slc 5/03 passthru communication

jeff s

Hello, i am trying to connect a slc503 (os302 series c) with a panelview 600 (2711-b6c8)DH+ i have purchased the datalink DL3500 and have ran blue hose from panel view to the datalink and from the data link have a 2711-nc13 going to the slc 503 i have a pcmk card and 1784 -pcm cable for communication with slc but i am unable to see the panelview600
what am i doing wrong ??
Thanks in advance

I think the 5/03 only has DF1 and DH485. If you want to do DH+ then I think you need the 5/04 model.

Joe_WaZoo

The DL-3500 has a "DTE" type serial port and the SLC-5/03 has a "DTE" type serial port, so you need a null-modem serial cable like the 1747-CP3 to connect them.

If you have a cable that can connect to the SLC-5/03 Channel 0 serial port and go online with the controller from your PC, then it's the correct pinout to connect to the DL-3500.

Usually the DL-3500 is used to connect the other way; for a PC or something with a DF1 port to initiate messages to DH+ nodes.

It can work the other way, too. The PanelView needs to address the DH+ address of the DL-3500 as though it was the SLC controller. The DL-3500 will pass that command through to the serial port and the SLC should reply to it.

You mention having a 1784-PCMK card but you do not describe which network you are connected to. If you have plugged a 1784-PCM4 cable into the SLC-5/03's Channel 1 Data-Highway 485 port, I don't think you will be able to "bridge through" to browse the DH+ network to which the PanelView is connected. I'm not certain about that, but I'd be skeptical.

Change the cable, describe the Node Addresses you have assigned to the PanelView and the DL-3500, and don't worry about the 1784-PCMK.

Ken , yes i am trying to bridge through to see the panelview, but i guess that i can not. so i guess i will have to settle for switching the cable back and forth between the dl3500 and the slc 5/03 when testing the program or is there a "serial splitter" available.I will also test the 1711 cable and make sure i can communicate as you have suggested. im trying to create a training unit out of the pieces i have to work with. but i might just try to come up with a 5/04 processor.

Thanks, Jeff

you should see the manual of the panelview,because pv600 have many types,different type have different communication port.