Rsview 32 language problem

harrisoncw

Good day all.

I am having a problem with the language when writing a macro. I am trying to set a string value to a word value. I have tried many combinations without any success. This is how I have been writing it. “ If ( Tag1=130) then (Set Tag2 = "Guard open") Else If ( Tag1=131) then (Set Tag2= "Belt off") Else Tag1 ”.

Is it possible to write it this way or is there a better way

Thanks
Craig

A single = sign is an assigment operator. Use a double, ==, for comparrisons. You are also misuing the set command and the assignemnt operator together.

If ( Tag1==130) then (Tag2 = "Guard open")
Else If ( Tag1==131) then (Tag2= "Belt off") Else Tag2 = ""

OR

If ( Tag1==130) then Set Tag2 "Guard open"
Else If ( Tag1==131) then Set Tag2 "Belt off"
Else Set Tag2 ""

If Tag2 is displayed only on a single screen, then I would not make this a macro. I would configure a text object to display the desired text based on the value of Tag1.

In the text object expression field enter:
If ( Tag1==130) then "Guard open"
Else If ( Tag1==131) "Belt off"
Else ""

If it is for display on multiple screens, then I would probably use a derived tag instead of a macro. You will have to specifically call a macro, while a text object and/or a derived tag will automatically update continuously.

From memory you can force a tag to a value using either "Set" or "=" but using both is incorrect syntax. Set Tag2 "Guard Open"

Tag2 = "Guard Open"

The "=" command is quicker to execute but I'm not sure that you can use it on String tags. I don't have RSView on any of my PC's any more so I can't verify this. Anyone else........?

Dammit Alaric, don't you ever sleep!!!!!

Last edited: